Olive oil, like almond oil, is an excellent solvent for extracting and preserving the resin of trichomes filled with cannabinoids. The other potential advantage offered by this method is that it leaves no chemical residue in the final product, unlike other extraction methods.
In order to develop a quality CBD-rich cannabis oil, several factors must be taken into account:
Quality of the raw material: the cannabis you are going to make the oil with must be of high quality and free of chemical and toxic residues that can harm your health. For this reason, we recommend that you use cannabis flowers that are organically grown without pesticides or chemical fertilizers.
Oil and storage: We recommend using organic virgin olive oil from the first pressing and storing the final product in small glass containers.
Varieties rich in CBD: In order to benefit from the therapeutic properties of CBD you should choose varieties rich in this cannabinoid.
What are the properties of the CBD?
The therapeutic benefits of CBD l have been widely demonstrated through various scientific studies. Indicating that this substance in the composition of Cannabis Sativa has the following medicinal properties:
- Anticonvulsant properties
- Effective against muscle spasms
- Anxiolytics and antipsychotics
- Analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Some studies indicate that cannabis may also help in the treatment of psoriasis, as D9-THCa, CBN, and CBD inhibit keratinocyte proliferation, one of the consequences of this disease.
CBD-rich Cannabis Olive Oil
Since the useful life of this oil is limited. We recommend that you prepare it in small quantities . And especially keep it in a hermetically sealed glass container in a cool place.
To prepare the oil, you will need :
- 5 grams of cannabis head Purple Orange CBD
- 500 ml organic olive oil
- 1 glass jar
- a container
- 1 strainer
- 1 small saucepan
- Fill a saucepan with water up to half full and heat it over low heat.
- Pour the olive oil into the pan and add the cannabis heads. As water cannot exceed 100 degrees of temperature, with this method you will ensure that cannabis does not exceed 150 degrees. Which is the temperature at which some cannabinoids start to evaporate.
- Using a wooden spatula, stir the cannabis flowers and mix them with the oil.
- Leave the pot on very low heat for an hour and stir the contents occasionally.
- After 60 minutes, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool down.
- When the contents are cold. Put the pan in the refrigerator and leave it there until the oil solidifies. You can then separate it from the water without any problem, as the water will remain liquid.
- When you have separated the oil. Let it stand out of the refrigerator at room temperature to allow it to return to its liquid state.
- Finally, pass the resulting oil through a fine filter to remove woody matter.