There’s nothing more satisfying than immersing yourself in a nice hot bath after a long, stressful day. The water relaxes the muscles, melts away tension, and brings the mind to life at the moment. That’s all the comfort you need, but why not take the next step in wellness and relaxation by opting for bath bombs. These soap balls burst into a fizz when released into the water, releasing skin-nourishing compounds and aromatic molecules into the water, transforming it into an enchanting river of many brilliant colors while releasing pleasant aromas all around you. You might think you’ve reached the height of relaxation, but with the addition of CBD, you may well reach nirvana.
CBD is a non-psychotropic cannabinoid derived from cannabis and hemp and is known primarily for its therapeutic properties. What makes this molecule such an effective addition to bath bombs is the fact that it has anti-inflammatory properties and provides many benefits to the skin. Not surprisingly, bath bombs are very popular, but they can also be quite expensive. That’s why we’re going to help you save money by offering to create your own CBD infused bath bombs at home using a simple recipe.
The CBD infused bath salts recipe
Servings: plus or minus 950 g
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 60 ml or ¼ cup of CBD oil / CBD infused olive oil
- 900 g magnesium sulfate
- 20 drops of essential oil
- 1 lemon and/or an orange
CBD oil can be purchased or made homemade and added to the blend, or you can produce CBD infused olive oil using the recipe below. The only small change to make will be to replace the THC variety with a CBD-only variety. If you make CBD olive oil, any extra drops can be used for dinner.
- Small grater
- Large salad bowl
- Rubber gloves
- 3 glass jars with lid
- A bathing duck (optional)
Start by zest the orange and lemon, using the fine grater, stop when you start to see the white flesh of the citrus fruits. You can settle for lemon if you prefer. The zest acts as a pleasant aroma and brings a little color, test the difference.
In a large salad bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and the zests. Be sure to wear your gloves during this step. Mix by hand until all ingredients are combined.
Transfer the mixture into glass jars with lids. Now all you have to do is add 150 to 200 g of bath salts to your hot bath, settle in and relax as its bubbles will relax your body.
The Benefits of CBD bath bombs
- CBD-infused bath bombs are far superior to their usual namesakes.
- Immersing yourself in a CBD-infused bath after a football game or intense workout will soothe your aching muscles and help you recover in no time. The CBD can reduce the inflammatory response through its interaction with the endocannabinoid system in the body that regulates many physiological processes.
- It has been discovered that the endocannabinoid system appears to exist through the skin where it is involved in hormone production, growth, and proliferation. Therefore, adding CBD to your bath can help relieve the skin and may reduce some of the symptoms of skin disorders such as eczema, acne, and psoriasis.