coconut hemp oil is a vegan-friendly treat that can be used as a base for all kinds of culinary preparations and experiments. We use it a lot, so learn how to prepare it yourself.
Coconut oil is a healthy and suitable alternative for vegans. Plus, it’s great for being infused with hemp and used throughout your kitchen.
Servings: about 2 cups
Cooking time: about 4 hours (1 hour of active cooking)
30 grams of hemp seed
2 cups of coconut oil
A large saucepan with spout
A large transparent salad bowl
A wooden spoon
A blender, coffee grinder or mortar and pestle
Muslin or stamen
Big elastics or tape
Decarboxylate your cannabis
Note: As the temperatures of this recipe are never particularly high, you must first decarboxylate your hemp to ensure that the THC content is fully activated. You can find hemp recipe here.
How to decarboxylate your hemp
- Place your hemp seeds in a blender or coffee grinder and crush it. Your hemp should be as thin as possible to increase the exchange surface, which increases the transfer rate of cannabinoids in the oil.
- Put your pan on the fire and fill it with at least 13 cm of water. Your grass should always be at least 5 cm above the bottom of the pan.
- Bring the water to a boil and add your coconut oil. Stir the mixture well until the coconut oil is completely melted.
- Lower the heat and add your grind hemp.
- You must stir well and leave on the heat for a few hours. In general, keep it on a low heat for 3 hours and stir every 15 minutes during the first hour, then once an hour thereafter.
- Lay a double or triple layer of muslin over the top of your bowl and hold it in place with your rubber bands. Leave a small hollow in the center so that the oil does not run to the side when you pour it.
- Toward the end of cooking, the mixture should begin to thicken. This is a good indication that the oil is almost ready. Once the time is right, take the pan and slowly pour the oil through the muslin and into the salad bowl.
hot oil can burn the skin so be sure to cover before pouring.
- Once the contents of the pan are poured through the muslin, remove the elastics and carefully remove the muslin. By making sure that all the vegetable waste remains in the fabric, press to drip all the remaining oil in the vegetable waste: you will perhaps be surprised by the quantity. Otherwise, you can squeeze the vegetable waste with a spoon.
- Place the salad bowl in the refrigerator for 24 hours. The oil and water will separate and the oil will cool and harden, which will form a solid cake of coconut hemp oil.
- The next day, carefully remove the salad bowl from the refrigerator being careful not to cover the solid layer of oil with water.
- Being very careful, pass a knife along the edge of the solid oil slab and lift it.
- Place it upside down on a clean work surface or parchment paper.
- Remove any remaining water and grass from the bottom of the solid oil slab. If there is still a lot of plant debris, you can melt the oil on the heat, then sift it and put it back in the fridge to solidify it again.
You now have a coconut hemp oil ready to serve for all your cannabis cooking needs! It is a simple recipe that requires only time and patience. But once you have oil, you can create all kinds of hopping and tasty treats. Enjoy yourself!