Make a heavy mayonnaise
In its “natural” form, cannabis olive oil does not really lend itself to most sushi recipes. Instead, we’ll turn it into a psychoactive mayonnaise that you can add to your rolls.
1 egg yolk (silky tofu for the vegan option)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
A tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 cup of cannabis olive oil
Salt to your taste
- Pour the egg yolk, water, lemon juice, and mustard into a glass jar.
- Pour the cannabis olive oil on top.
- With a hand whisk, stir the mixture thoroughly until it has a thick consistency.
- Taste and add salt if necessary.
Prepare the sushi rolls
It’s time to get down to business. Gather all the ingredients listed below and get ready to roll!
300 g sushi rice
100 ml rice spirit vinegar
A whole cucumber
Smoked salmon (or tofu or tempeh as a vegan option)
A diced avocado
One green onion
Leaves of nori seaweed
- Spread a sheet of seaweed (nori) on your sushi mat with the shiny side down. Dip your fingers in the rice vinegar and press the rice onto the sheet in a layer about 1 cm thick. Leave the edge furthest away from the sheet uncovered (you will use this later to close the roll).
- Use a knife and spread a layer of the now psychoactive mayonnaise in the center of the rice.
- Cut the cucumber and peppers into long thin strips. Chop the green onion into thin slices and dice the avocado. Garnish the mayonnaise with the prepared vegetables.
- Cut the smoked salmon (or tofu/tempeh) and place the strip on top of the vegetables.
- It’s time to roll! Lift the edge of the mat over the rice and start rolling. Apply light pressure to make sure the roll is tight.
- Stop rolling before you reach the edge of the algae leaf without rice. Add a little water to make it sticky, then finish rolling.
- Wrap the roll in cling film so that everything fits together. Use a sharp knife to slice the roll, then remove the plastic wrap.