If you want to create an adult-only version of this favorite holiday and convert these cookies into men, Mrs. Cannabis Leaves into Gingerbread, in short, anything that would please you, follow our recipe.
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 of a cup of brown sugar
- 2/3 of a cup of molasses
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup cannabutter (to adjust the power, replace some of the cannabutter with regular unsalted butter)
Icing ingredients (optional)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons 1/2 water (warm not boiling)
- Alimentary dye (optional)
Decorations – also optional, but really fun
- Dried Raisins
- Colorful candies
- Chocolate Chips
- 4.5 l saucepan
- Cups and spoons for measuring
- mixing spoon
- Pastry roll
- Cookies placement plate
- Punch cutters
- Oven and stove
- cooking spray or baking paper
- Mixer and bowl for icing (optional)
- Pouch bag and icing tips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 365°F (165°C)
- Combine molasses, sugar, and spices in the pan. Heat over low heat and stir frequently. Once the mixture starts to bubble, remove it from the stove.
- Add the baking soda and mix well. The foam is normal, we don’t worry.
- Add the cannabutter 2 tablespoons at a time. Let it melt completely before adding more. If your cannabutter is so strong that you cut it with normal unsalted butter, use normal butter first.
- Add the egg, salt and 3 cups 3/4 of flour. Mix well.
- Sprinkle lightly on your work surface with flour, pour in the dough and knead for 2 minutes. Feel free to add more flour to the dough to make kneading easier.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it cool in the fridge for at least an hour. The time of one night is also sufficient. The dough is much easier to shape once it has cooled.
- When it is ready, lightly grease your cookie sheets with the non-stick spray or cover them with baking paper.
- Sprinkle your surface again with flour, then flatten the dough until it is about 6 mm thick. Use one of the cookie cutters to cut out your gingerbread men. If you don’t have a punch in the shape you would like to have, you can try doing it with a knife. Roll up the remaining dough and continue to make new cookies.
- Gently lift each cookie with a spatula and place it on the baking area, making sure to leave at least a few centimeters between each cookie.
- Cook for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Let them cool before decorating them, but don’t hesitate to taste them when they are cold enough. This will give you the courage you need for decoration!
Icing for Gingerbread men
- Add all the icing ingredients in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of food coloring if you want a color other than traditional white.
- Use a mixer at medium speed to whisk the mixture until stiff peaks form. It can take between 7 and 12 minutes to do.
- Add the icing to a piping bag to make it easier for your soldiers to decorate.
Enjoy it and share it with those around you. Be careful that children are kept away from these edibles.