- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons cannabutter
- 3/4 cup fine-ground cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven at 400℉ and grease an 8-inch cake pan or cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Melt the cannabutter in a small bowl in the microwave or a saucepan on the stovetop over medium heat. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornflour, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup, beat the egg in the milk with a fork until blended. Stir in butter. Pour the contents of the measuring cup into the dry ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Pour into a skillet or frying pan and spread evenly.
- Optional: Spread 1/4 cup of hot cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of chopped red chili peppers on top. Bake until golden and a crust forms around the edges, 18-20 minutes.
- Cool slightly, cut into 12 pieces.