Apple pie is one of the favorite cakes in the United States. You could almost see it sitting on the windowsill at your grandmother’s house, steaming, cooling, waiting to fill hungry stomachs with sweet bites of apple and buttery filling. Today, we give you an easy recipe with a special touch – the apple pie we’re going to make will have a flavor of cannabis, for a whole new level of deliciousness.
You will need cannabis butter for this recipe. You can see our recipe here.
For the dough
- 3 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup of cannabis butter (it must be cold)
- ¼ cup of vegetable fat
- 5 to 6 tablespoons of ice water
For the garnish
- 1.3 kg of apples (seeded, peeled and sliced)
- 3 ¼ cups of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 ¼ teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 spoon grated nutmeg sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Prepare the dough
- With a sieve, sift the flour, sugar, and salt into a bowl.
- Add the cannabis butter and vegetable fat to the mixture.
- With your hands, mix everything well together until it has a nice crumbly consistency.
- Then you have to knead the dough. Add a small amount of water at a time while kneading. Continue to stir gently until the mixture comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- Form a ball and split it in half. Make one half slightly larger than the other. The larger half will be the base of the pie, while the smaller half will be the top. Keep both halves in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, then spread them out evenly and return them to the fridge.
Prepare the filling
- Combine apple slices and fresh lemon juice in a large salad bowl and mix well.
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg to the mixture, making sure all the apples are covered.
Prepare and bake the pie
- Put the dough base in a pie dish and press firmly on the bottom and the sides of the plate. Leave about 3 cm of dough protruding from the edge of the plate.
- Spoon the apple filling into the dish. If you have some cannabis butter leftover, you can spread it evenly into the apple filling for an even stronger pie.
- Place the top of the dough, leaving 3cm over the edge, and seal the base and top together – pressing with a working fork works well.
- You can make a few holes in the top or make an “X” incision to let steam escape.
- Now whisk an egg and brush generously over the top of the pie for a nicely icing finish.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C and bake the tart for 1 hour, or until the dough is golden brown. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool a little.
It takes a little preparation, but this delicious and yummy pie is well worth the effort! It’ll make you feel good in the evening after a good dinner. Remember, cannabis food can take up to 2 hours to assemble! Enjoy