The World Health Organization estimates that one in 13 people on earth suffers from anxiety.
In fact , anxiety can take many forms, with social anxiety being one of the most common.
Social anxiety can be therefore, an extremely debilitating condition for patients who suffer from it. However , Common treatments for social anxiety often involve pharmaceutical drugs with a variety of undesirable side effects.
Therefore, patients should have access to safe and efficacious medicines and treatments. According to a recent study by researchers in Japan, CBD shows great promise.
A clinical trial
A Japanese researcher evaluated the effectiveness of CBD compared to a placebo in a clinical trial.
So , the trial involved 26 subjects with a social anxiety disorder (SAD), randomly selected subjects who took 300 mg of CBD daily for four consecutive weeks.
According to the study author, subjects who used CBD reported a “significant decrease” in anxiety, also no reports of significant health complaints were reported following treatment.
The author concluded: “Overall, the results of this study provide evidence of the anxiolytic effects of repeated administration of CBD in adolescents with SAD… So , CBD may be a useful option for treating social anxiety.
The symptoms of social anxiety disorder
Some of the symptoms that may indicate that a person has a social anxiety disorder include the following:
- Fear of interactions in which a person feels judged.
- A constant concern for embarrassment or humiliation
- Avoid other people, even loved ones
- Fear of physical symptoms that may cause embarrassment, including flushing, sweating, shaking, or having a shaky voice
- Spending time after a social interaction analyzing and obsessing about perceived defects in interactions
- Expecting the worst possible consequences of a perceived negative experience in social interactions
Each of these symptoms is indeed undesirable and can have a profoundly negative impact on a person’s life. For instance , for some people, this can result in complete isolation, which is no way to live.
In conclusion, if a medication that helps alleviate these symptoms and is safe can be administered, it should be widely and easily available. That obviously includes the CBD.